Our R&D provides practical solutions for the business and energy concerns of our clients. Our process advances either by technology breakthroughs: since they outperform existing technologies, our solutions place our clients light years ahead of their competitors; or by disruptive innovation: by completely redefining the rules of the game in a new way from existing technology, our solutions create the strategic markets of tomorrow.
Sunpartner Technologies is involved in two revolutionary R & D projects: smart textiles and solar greenhouses.
Photovoltaic Textiles – SOL-TEX: Fabrics of the Future
Make a photovoltaic thread that, whether woven or knitted, will be integrated into the fabric substrate to make a smart textile that can generate solar electricity. This invisible technology will enable the textile to retain all its usual properties (texture, color, suppleness, lightness, strength) while making it energy independent, able to power a variety of smart functions and other nearby devices.
> Applications, Markets
Awnings and covers (motorized or not), agricultural protection nets, sheeting for greenhouses, protective clothing, accessories in the passenger compartment of vehicles, sport and recreation equipment.
The SOL-TEX project is working on integrating PV cells into the structure of the fabric substrate itself. Part of the research is developing a thread with a PV cell made from inorganic material, while another part involves inventing a solution for recovering-converting energy, which can be integrated into end products that are already on the market.
This technology is expected to reach the market in 2019.
The project milestones:
>2015: Samples of PV threads
>2016: First textile samples
>2018: Samples of industrially manufactured textiles
>2019: Product prototypes
Launched in February 2014, Sunpartner Technologies is managing this project with partners:
• Sunpartner Technologies, specialist in solar NETs (inventor of Wysips® technologies)
• Qualiflow Therm, specialist in manufacturing equipment for the microelectronics and photovoltaic industries
• Groupe Payen, leader in polymer fibers, threads, and elastic fabrics
• Texinov, manufacturer of knitted technical textiles
• Raidlight Vertical, the leading brand in trail-running equipment
• GreenSysTech, integration of energy management solutions (subcontractor)
• Leyton, administrative and financial management
1 Research Institute:
• CEA-Liten (Laboratory for Innovation in New Energy Technologies and Nanomaterials).
Soltex is supported by Bpifrance and has been certified by the CapEnergies competitive cluster.
A User’s Club enables us to anticipate the needs of manufactuers and end users in order to prepare the commercial launch of this technology.
Read the lastest news and press releases